Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shadrach

The first weekend in December we traveled down to Utah for baby Shadrach's blessing. We're so glad we could make the trip.

We arrived in Bountiful on Friday night. Saturday Dallin and I drove down to Provo for a nostalgic trip around the town, taking pictures of all the places we had lived while at BYU. We also went to the Bean Museum, where I had worked as a hostess and reptile caretaker. I loved working there. Noah was somewhat interested in seeing all the stuffed animals, but he was scared of the bears and anything else with open mouths and teeth. He had the most fun in the children's play room which was stocked with toys. After the museum Dallin and I were starved, and Dallin convinced me to get a Little Ceasar's pizza. Together we ate the whole thing, and I didn't have an appetite for the rest of the day! But it was definitely the best Little Ceasar's I'd ever had-- really fresh and hot and yummy! I think Dallin used to polish off a whole pizza (or close to it) in his college days.

Here's Noah with Daddy, looking at the scary bears at the Bean Museum.



This is a picture of Pinegar Apartments, where I lived while dating Dallin. I lived in P5, the top left apartment. My Grandpa Pinegar's brother Dale owned the apartments and it was kind of fun living in a place that had my own name. As unspectacular as it looks, I loved that old pine tree in front. It was one of the tallest trees around.



Here is Dallin's old apartment C5 at Moon Apartments, less than a block away.



And here's where we lived when we were first married, at 819 (I think) Wymount. We were on the bottom floor. We had the most spectacular view of Squaw Peak just out our bedroom window in the back. We loved taking Sunday walks around the Provo Temple, which was also very close.



Saturday evening we helped decorate the Christmas tree at Mom and Dad Creswell's house. Noah was great at undecorating the tree, and that created a bit of a struggle. Here he is with a reindeer ornament that Noah thought was very "ute" (cute). Whenever he says something is cute, he gently holds it against his cheek and says "Ohhh". That's what he's about to do in the picture here.



On Sunday morning we traveled down to Provo with Dallin's parents and Emilie (Noah calls her "Mimi") for Shadrach's blessing. Shadrach was quiet during his blessing, which was very nice and given by Joseph. Afterwards, we took lots of family pictures in the cultural hall and then headed to Joseph and Kathryn's house (practically next-door to the church) to see their place. They have a cute little piece of a house that makes their humble home. What a sweet family the three of them make. I'm so glad Kathryn joined the Creswell family-- she is such a fun and genuinely friendly person!



I think Noah was calling Joseph "Daddy". He was a little bit confused-- it's not hard to see why:



And here's sweet baby Shadrach.



It was a fun trip. We love you, baby Shadrach!

2 comments:

dnA said...

Aha! Pinegar apartments! Thanks for the flashback, Maren. I haven't seen that place in 5 years or so. Its funny- I used to roll my eyes when my parents would drive by their old apartments in Provo and tell us about when they lived there. Now its sounds like a fun idea to go back and see them :).
Oh yes, and the best thing about Pinegar apartments was the roommate I had there. :) xoxoxo

Kat & Joe said...

thanks for coming to the blessing. i hope everything is going well w/ the pregency. i'm excited for you guys!
kathryn