Sunday, January 11, 2009
Car Bed
Noah's bed is finally complete. We got a sheet and bedspread set at Wal-mart with Lightning, Mater and the King on it. Noah loves it! He likes to drive his cars and trucks on the bedspread. Lately he's been trying to push the bed and get it to move. He's just a little frustrated that the wheels don't really turn.
Here's a little about Noah's bedtime routine. Bedtime sometimes goes really smoothly, and sometimes it's a real chore. Usually Noah and I read a couple stories together, then Dallin brushes Noah's teeth. Brushing teeth is sometimes a happy experience, and sometimes it's a real struggle to get him to cooperate. Dallin does a way better job at making it a happy one though-- that's why he gets to do it. Then we say "One more story, and then it's time for a bedtime song." Noah says this part with us, except story is "dory" and song is "yong". We often read "Goodnight Moon" or "Goodnight Baby" for the final book, and then say "Now it's time for a bedtime song." On a good night Noah gets right into his bed, we tuck him in, and then we sing "I Love to See the Temple". Noah sings it with us. For him, the song is the most essential part of the whole process. If it's a difficult night and I can't get him to lay down, then me threatening not to sing the song sometimes gets him to cooperate. It's so sweet to have him "sing" along-- he's doing really well on getting a lot of the words out, but definitely doesn't do it on pitch. It's more of a monotone song with him. Then we say, "Good night" and "I love you" etc. etc. and shut the door.
We love our little Noah so much. We can't believe what a grown-up little boy he's turning into. He's definitely the greatest blessing we could ever ask for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing about Noah's bed and your trip to Utah. I usually have Kevin brush Andrew's teeth. I think men must be better at getting children to brush their teeth or something. Noah is very cute. It sounds like he is talking a lot and I bet that is fun.
Oh my gosh! I love this bed. How perfect it is for that little guy. luvs and kisses to you all!
Post a Comment