Monday, February 26, 2007

New Discovery



Noah discovered his tongue yesterday. He loves sticking it out now and sometimes touching it with his finger. Since he's gotten quite a reaction from me whenever he does it, Noah thinks it's a fun and clever thing to do.

A couple more updates, since it's been a while:

On an earlier post I said that Noah must be at least 18 lbs. Well, I was wrong. When I took him to the doctor for his 4 month check-up on Feb. 5 he was 17 lbs. 2 oz. I was very surprised since he's wearing several 12-month sized clothes, although he's not filling them out yet. I'm sure he's grown a little since then, but his growth seems to have slowed down quite a bit. I'm glad because now he can wear the same article of clothing more than three times before it's too small.

Noah also had his first attempt at eating cereal recently on Feb. 8. It didn't go so well. He made some yucky faces and eventually ended up crying. It probably didn't help that I was trying to feed him and take continuous photo shots at the same time. However, I tried the following day without the camera and he still wouldn't eat the cereal. I've waited a couple of weeks to try it again, so I'll probably do that tomorrow.

First bite




Noah really is such a patient and happy boy. He's had a cold the last couple of days, but that doesn't keep him from smiling and being good-natured. Sure, he gets upset (okay, really upset) when I try to stick that blue suction thingy in his nose-- he tries to push my hands away and starts getting really frustrated after I've stuck it in 3 or 4 times-- but then he quickly forgives me and smiles again. After he coughs he still has that sweet smile on his face. And even after he throws up he shows me a cheery grin. What a sweetheart! Dallin and I are so lucky to have him.

Noah and I didn't get much sleep the past couple of nights, since Noah's stuffy nose has made it hard for him to breathe at night. Both nights he has woken up more times than he ever has before-- about every one or two hours. It hasn't been a fun experience and I feel tired again like I did when he was a newborn. But Noah is still as sweet as ever. Here's a picture of Noah taking a nap on Sunday afternoon. Dallin was good enough to watch him and let me get a couple of hours sleep, so I could function the next day (today). What a good husband!

1 comment:

Staci said...

is he feeling any better? poor little guy. it's no fun being sick. i had an ear infection a couple of weeks ago and now i know how kids feel when they get one. it really hurts. i hope he's doing better.