Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bath time Pictures





Noah loves his bath time every morning. I put him in his bouncer so he can see me getting the bath, towel, soap, etc. ready. He's always so happy to get the clothes off! And then he goes in the water. We're still using the little baby tub and putting it in the kitchen sink, but Noah is getting pretty big for it. It's the same pink tub that my mom used to wash all of us kids as babies, so that's kind of neat. Well, as I was saying, it's getting a little small for Noah, so he can't kick around quite as much as I think he'd like to. He pushes his feet against the end of the tub and kicks them in the air, but he doesn't splash the water all that much. I'm sure there will be lots more splashing once we make the switch to bath time in the big bath tub.

Noah's favorite part comes after the bath, when he gets a lotion rub down. We use the time to sing songs and play some games, too. Some of his favorite songs that I sing to him are "Noah, Noah, Shake Your Bushy Tail" (an adaptation of "Squirrel, Squirrel,...") and "Sneaky Snake," an old favorite I remember from Grandma Morrill. When I put him on his tummy, he usually tries to turn over on his back again. He's still working on perfecting the roll over, so it doesn't happen every time.

Last of all comes Noah's least favorite part-- putting on the clothes. He gets upset as soon as I start putting the onesie over his head. I think he'd rather have his clothes off all day! There's just so much more freedom that way. But Mommy is mean and continues to put the clothes on while he cries. At this point in the process I usually have him on the bed, so I'll bounce him and try to make him happy. He smiles or laughs for a couple seconds, but as soon as I continue dressing him again, he cries. Finally I finish dressing him, and it's time for food and a nap.


1 comment:

Lacey said...

So cute! He's growing so fast....