Dallin got a new job as Deputy Prosecutor for Cassia County, which means our new home is in Burley, Idaho. Burley was never more to me than a pit stop on the way to Utah, but now it's home sweet home!
Dallin started work on Oct. 13th and we moved all our stuff on Oct. 24th. We are renting a really nice 3 bedroom house, with tons more room than our old 2 bedroom apartment. It is so nice and I love it!
Burley is a small town with a lot of wind. (Cold wind this time of year!) We heard good things about the friendly people here before we came. And it's true so far-- a lot of people from our new ward came and helped us unload the moving truck. I also met several nice people at a ward Halloween activity last night. The ward has a lot of young families and tons of kids, so it should be a good fit for our little family.
Dallin is really enjoying his job so far, and I am gradually getting the house in order after the move. There are still a lot of boxes to deal with! It'll happen.
This weekend we're going back to Caldwell for Emerson's baptism. We'll also be there for Halloween, which should be fun with all the kiddos. And, last but certainly not least, we get to meet our newest little niece Elise Marie Baker, just born on Monday the 26th! I can't wait to meet her.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Congrats on the new job. Adam's granparents live near (or in, I can't remember) Burley.
Way to go on the new job Dallin! We're in the middle of the job search right now and it stinks!! Hope you guys love Burley.
Congrats on the new job and house!
Maren how wonderful for your family that your hubby got a job. How exciting to move and start out new. Please take pictures of your house that you are renting sometime once you're settled. I'm so happy for you guys.
I am so excited for you guys to live in Burley!!! My family always goes snow skiing at Pomeralle ski resort which is right there. I hope we will be able to see your new place sometime soon
Kathryn
Everything sounds wonderful! I am excited to see EVERYTHING!
Glad you like your new place and congrats on the new job!
Congrats on the job! and keep warm. Your family is so adorable. I always wonder what real life out of student living is, so its good to catch up!
Post a Comment