Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Noah update

Here's a little update on Noah, who will be 2-and-a-half in a couple weeks:


-Noah loves to flush the toilet and put toilet paper in it. Whenever I go to the bathroom, he wants to come with me and help. He wants to lift the lid, give me toilet paper, flush, close the lid-- everything. He likes to do it when I'm not there too, so we're keeping the bathroom door shut with the kid-proof knob on. I'm glad he hasn't tried putting anything besides toilet paper down the toilet.....yet.

-Noah's favorite show/movie is currently "The Neverending Story." He asks for it everyday. He started out calling it the "Doggy Yo" (doggy show), then it became "Book Yo", and now it's progressed to "Any Dory" (Neverending Story). There are a few parts that we try to fast forward, like when the horse dies, and when the wolf-creature (Gamork) attacks Atreyu. There are some other "scary" parts where Noah will just walk away from the TV and wait for those parts to be over. He likes seeing the boy ride the 'flying doggy' and he actually thinks the wolf-creature is a nice doggy, too.

-Noah has started to get more stubborn. He says "No, no, no, no, no!!!" a lot now, as well as "It's mine, it's mine!!" It's becoming a real problem. Guess he's a real 2-year-old now.

-Noah is also very sweet and loving. He loves to give hugs to Dallin and I. He is often saying "I yuv Da-ey, I yuv Mommy, I yuv Dee-dee." Until recently he used to say "I yuv Noah" too.

-Most mornings he climbs into bed with us and snuggles for several minutes, or sometimes falls asleep with us. This won't work very well when we have a sleeping baby in the room with us. Guess it will probably have to stop.

-Noah likes playing with play dough. Here's a couple of pictures, taken with my new Nikon D40! I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures with it yet, but I am really liking what I see so far. I'm sure I will get better with it.





-Here's a couple more pictures from our walk yesterday. What a cute boy!





We sure love this boy. We've been trying to soak in our last days of him as our "one-and-only." It'll be a big change for Noah to not be the sole focus of our attention, and frankly, I think we'll miss it, too. But we're so excited for his little baby brother to come, and we're sure Noah will make a great big brother!

3 comments:

Creswell-Hyde Away said...

He looks soooooooooo handsome!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Hey Maren I hope you have had him by now, but maybe not. I also had my membranes stripped yesterday. They said I was at a 2 1/2 to 3. Well hang in there.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Oh by the way my blogger isn't telling me that you had updated so I hadn't checked. Also I thought you were going to be induced today. Love ya!